To Do List: 1 Month Before Move
- Reserve your move date and time with us.
- Buy your packing supplies or ask us to pack for you. We have all your packing supply and boxes.
- Ask your apartment management company/condo board if they need a certificate of insurance from us.
- Call your management company/landlord to reserve your building’s loading dock.
- Schedule your elevator for use during the move.
- Contact all of your doctors and other service providers.
- By printing in large, clear letters the name of the room each box belongs in your new house so the movers know where to take them on move day.
- Make parking space reservations if necessary.
- Go online or to the post office to fill out a change of address form.
- Donate your unwanted items.
To Do List: 3 Weeks Before Move
- Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Inform as applicable, both your current and new home’s utility company of the upcoming changes.
- Cell Phone
- Home Security/Alarm System
- Notify magazines, newspapers and other subscription services of your new address.
- Disassemble larger items or ask our representative to add it to our services during the move.
- Order you’re parking permits if necessary.
- Schedule time off of your job to prepare for and to be present on the day of your move.
To Do List: 1 Week Before Move
- Verify your move time and date with us. (As our client, you will receive a confirmation call 2-3 days before your move to double check all information).
- Pack all items found in furniture drawers in boxes to ensure that your furniture and items are not damaged during the move.
- Be sure to let your family and friends know about your new address and new number via email or by mail.
- Make plans for a babysitter to ensure your kids are kept safely occupied during the move.
- Arrange for a pet sitter or pet boarding.
To Do List: 1 Day Before Move
- Write a list of items not being moved and share this list with the movers on move day.
- Charge your cell phone.
- Check to make sure telephones are working at your new home.
- Defrost/drain, wash/dry refrigerators and freezers.
- Drain oil and gas from snow blowers, lawn movers, and motorcycles etc. Detach the propane tank from your grill. Please note that Quality Movers, Inc. is not able to carry propane on the moving truck, but we are able to load it into your car
- Create a box or bag of items that you need to have easy excess on move day. We suggest putting the following items in that box:
- House/Car Keys
- Passports/ID Cards/Employee ID/School ID
- Checkbook, Cash, Debit/ Credit Cards
- Prescription Medications/First Aid Kit/Over the counter Medications
- Wills, Deeds, Personal papers
- Cell phone chargers
- Papers Related to your move